If the upper layers of your teeth get infected then getting them filled is the only solution. Dental fillings stop the decay from spreading further and affecting more layers of your teeth and it restores the tooth so that it goes back to functioning like normal.
Fillings come in different materials. And different fillings are used in different restorations. But the most common types of filling are the composite resin filling and the amalgam filling. Composite fillings have been growing in popularity because of their looks and durability.
In this article, we explain everything about dental composite filling and the filling cost in Delhi.
Dental Composite Filling cost in Delhi
Composite fillings lend a more natural appearance to your teeth. The composite resin can be customized to match the shade of your tooth making them almost unnoticeable. The composite resin itself is a mixture of acrylic that is reinforced with a powdered glass filler and is used in a variety of procedures including veneers, inlays, and crowns.
The cost of these fillings depend on a variety of factors. We have listed them below:
- The number of teeth affected
- The geographical location of the dental clinic
- The dental fees charged by the dentist
- The amount of filling used
- The complexity of the procedure
Compared to porcelain types of filling, composite filling is quite affordable and they are easily moldable making them popular with dentists and patients alike. In the following section, we have discussed the durability of these fillings.
What is the durability of composite fillings?
Composite fillings are quite durable and can tolerate the force of chewing quite well. But the lifespan of this filling lasts about 7 years. A 2010 review of multiple research studies suggests that with proper care you get 10 years out of a composite filling.
The lifespan of the filling depends to a great extent on the severity of the cavities too. If you have severe cavities then you may not get that many years out of the composite resin filling.
In the next section, we discuss the procedure of composite fillings
How are composite fillings administered?
At Smile Mint Studio our dentists follow these steps to guarantee you get the best results after the procedure is completed.
- Our dentists start by selecting the shade of the composite resin to be used in your filling at the beginning of the procedure. It is better to make this match early on before your mouth and teeth dry out.
- You will get a numbing agent to numb the tooth and the surrounding area.
- Then our dentists will drill into the tooth and remove the decayed part of the tooth
- They will clean, dry the area and prep the tooth. If there is extensive damage then it might entail some tooth shaving.
- The composite resin will be then layered into the hole of the tooth and will be cured using a light to set it. Since the composite filling is applied in layers the light will be used on each layer to cure it before moving on to the next layer.
- Our dentists will then shape, contour, and polish the tooth
- Then they will check your bite to ensure you are comfortable with the restoration.
Your affected tooth might become sensitive and you may experience sensitivity to heat and cold but this is temporary and should go away pretty quickly.
Composite resin fillings are quite popular thanks to their aesthetics and durability and are the preferred choice for most dentists and patients alike. They are easily moldable and can match the natural shade of your teeth. They are a great alternative to metal fillings especially for people who don’t want it to be very obvious.