Do you have severe toothache accompanied by sensitivity and swelling in the jaw or gums area that are possible symptoms of a root canal? Are you looking for the best dental solution in Delhi for root canal treatment? Then let us tell you more about root canal treatment that will help you take further decisions about the treatment.
What is Root Canal Treatment?
Dental pain caused by the infection in the tooth pulp that is at risk of spreading to the other teeth as well and also affects the roots of the tooth and has to be treated by the dental surgeon by performing a root canal treatment procedure.
Symptoms That You Need Root Canal
Severe Tooth Pain – The best dentists in Delhi suggest that there are many reasons for tooth pain but when there is prolonged tooth pain that may show up on the face too then it may be a root canal infection.
Swollen Gums and Jaws – The infected tooth leads to pus formation and the collected pus displays visible swelling.
Cracked Tooth – If due to any injury the tooth is cracked or even chipped then it makes the way easier for the bacteria to reach the pulp of the tooth which leads to root canal infection.
Pimple on Gums – The pimple formation can lead to the breaking of pus which gives a bad smell and taste in the mouth area.
Discolored Tooth – The infection of the tooth pulp restricts proper blood flow to that area and turns the tooth into dark color.
Teeth Sensitivity – If you consume hot and cold foods and they cause severe pain and sensitivity that stays for more than a few seconds then it is one of the primary symptoms of root canal infection.
Extreme Pain – If there is extreme pain in your tooth just by touch or chewing food then it is a clear indication that the tooth never is damaged due to the root canal issue.
Loosening of Tooth – When the infection leads to pus formation they make the tooth weak and loosen since the pus weakens the bone of the tooth.
Does Root Canal Treatment Save The Tooth?
The inflamed tooth pulp is a problematic situation that results in the decaying of the tooth alongside cracking of the tooth and crowns that become faulty and also damaged the pulp of the tooth completely. A tooth abscess is a possibility when the pulp of the tooth is damaged while causing no damage to the tooth and its layers. With the root canal treatment, the healthy tooth can be saved by removing the infected pulp inside the tooth root and then it is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected to ensure that there will be no further bacterial attack in the pulp area. The cleaned area is sealed with the dental rubber material and the tooth is replaced with the crown or the dental filling to protect the existing tooth. The best dentists recommend that the root canal treatment restores the ability to eat your favourite foods and also protects the entire teeth structure by avoiding the spread of further infections to the surrounding teeth area.
Is Root Canal Treatment Painful?
Many of you will be worried about the best root canal treatment since the myth of the pain during the treatment is spread by many to increase the anxiety and fear factor. But the fact is, that root canal treatment is not painful since the use of anesthesia is a must during the procedure and the removal of the infected pulp will ease the pain that you are facing with the root canal issue.
Post-Op Care for Root Canal Treatment
- It is important to take the painkillers suggested by the top dental surgeon within the effect of the anesthesia wears off since the tablets help in easing the discomfort and pain post-procedure.
- There can be swelling post-treatment so you can use an ice pack to reduce the swelling. Using the ice pack for 15-20 minutes should be sufficient.
- The numbness of the treated area will continue for some time so ensure not to chew any food in the treated area.
- The treated area should not be used for chewing until the dental crown is placed since it can lead to jawbone fractures since the jawbone is still weaker.
- It is better to avoid smoking atleast for 24 hours post-procedure and also reduce the number of times you smoke during the healing process since it may hinder the process and also cause the failure of the treatment.
- It is also important to avoid any strenuous exercises for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Until the complete healing is over avoid any hard and crunchy foods since they may lead to fracturing of the crown.
- On completion of the root canal treatment dental cement is applied to the treated area to protect it from bacterial attack. So the patient needs to arrive at the dental clinic within 4 weeks of the treatment for the placement of the crown.
- When the crown is not placed at the decided schedule then it may lead to fracture and also loss of the tooth.
Delhi has one of the best root canal dentists who are well known and has expertise in performing root canal treatment to give a protected teeth structure and a beautiful smile too.