A deep cleaning of the teeth is different from regular cleaning as the dentist cleans under your gums to prevent or cure gum disease. Gum disease is a preventable infection of your mouth and also goes by the name periodontitis.
Periodontitis can damage the gum tissue above and around your teeth and destroy your jawbone if it is ignored for too long. This disease separates your teeth from the gums leaving pockets for bacteria to grow. This bacteria cannot be defeated by regular brushing and flossing.
Deep cleaning allows the dentist to get underneath your gums and remove harmful bacteria, after which your gums can reattach to the teeth with healthy tissue. In this article, we discuss the symptoms of gum disease and where you can get the best deep dental cleaning cost in Delhi.
The best deep dental cleaning cost in Delhi
Deep cleaning is the answer to many dental problems and is more intense than the regular cleaning that most people get done twice a year. The cost of deep dental cleaning varies from dental clinic to dental clinic. It depends on many factors. We have listed them below:
- The severity of the gum disease affecting your mouth
- The number of sittings required to clear up all the accumulated plaque and tartar
- The geographical location of the clinic
- The dental fees of the dentist
Healthy gums not only leads to a healthy mouth, but it also improves your overall health. That’s why removing deep traces of the bacteria and plaque from your mouth is very important
In the next section, we have discussed the symptoms of gum diseases.
The symptoms of gum diseases
We have listed the many symptoms of gum diseases
- Bad Breath
- Bleeding gums
- Inflamed gums
- Red or purple gums
- Tender gums
- Pus between your teeth
- Pain while chewing
- Receding gums
- Changes in the bite
- Teeth become loose and fall out
Lack of oral hygiene causes severe diseases like gum disease. When this disease sets in, deep dental cleaning is the only answer. In the following section, we have discussed what happens in a deep dental cleaning session at our dental clinic.
What happens in a deep dental cleaning session at Smile Mint Studio?
The deep cleaning happens in 3 stages. They are:
- Physical evaluation: The dentist will evaluate the state of your gums and teeth before proceeding with the procedure. If there are signs of other dental issues they will take those into account and plan your deep dental cleaning accordingly.
- Scaling: During this step, the dentists will remove the tartar and plaque from above and below your gum line. You might hear the sound of scraping during this stage, but that is completely normal and is part of the process. It does not cause any harm.
- Flossing and polishing: Once the plaque and tartar are eliminated the dentist will then start flossing between your teeth. This particular session focuses on removing the tartar and plaque from the gaps between your teeth.
With these steps, the deep dental cleaning of your teeth is completed. This procedure eliminates all the tartar and leftover plaque in your mouth. In the next section, we have discussed what to expect after a deep cleaning.
What happens after a deep cleaning?
You may have sensitive teeth for a week or so after this procedure and your mouth may be painful for a few days. But your gums will be healthy and your gum disease will go away if you maintain good dental hygiene even after the procedure.
Quitting smoking also helps to promote and heal your gums from gum disease. It also prevents gum disease from occurring in the future.
Deep dental cleaning involves scaling and planing and this is a great way to keep your gums and mouth very healthy. It is instrumental in reducing many gum diseases and boosting your oral hygiene considerably. So, don’t let the costs of this procedure deter you from seeking this treatment.